[SEL] Columbus Mystery

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:26:34 PST 2011

The piston is finally out of the Columbus. A mate took it to work and put it
in their pig press after a day of warming in their heat tank.
It took 7 tonne to push it out but no real drama.
The big mystery is... There are no rings on the piston!
We think the last time this engine possibly ran was WWI but where have the
rings gone? One possibility is that this engine had been used as a parts
donor for other Columbus engines the company owned but I guess we will never
know for sure.
The good news is that the bore and piston are in excellent condition.

Patrick M Livingstone
0418 692013
Earlwood NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html