[SEL] Bringing the toys home

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:18:06 PDT 2011

I am finally getting some time to organise the new workshop. So far two
loads of engines have made it home. On the first batch to make it home was
the Fairbanks-Morse No.1 Eclipse and my flywheel governed 1hp R&V. The next
trip consisted of the 3.5hp Austral Oil Engine portable and the flyball
governed 1hp R&V. Last weekend I hauled home the 2hp R&V, Baker 'Little
Monitor' and 4hp Challenge. Some of these engines have been in storage for a
long time so need a little TLC. So far I have had the Eclipse, Austral and
one of the R&Vs running. I now have to finish sorting out the workshop and
make some room for a couple more to come home.
I did manage to get a couple of fires out of the Challenge last night but it
has not been touched since 2003 so needs a little work. It blew a heap of
crap out of the priming cup as I was rolling it over (with the buzz coil
connected) and drew quite a bit of blood from my forehead. Stupid me not
disconnecting the coil.
Patrick

Patrick M Livingstone
0418 692013