[SEL] Looking for an engine-music video

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Aug 8 11:00:06 PDT 2011

At 06:00 PM 08/08/2011, you wrote:
>Message: 14
>Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 21:40:08 -0700
>From: Orrin Iseminger <obise at moscow.com>
>
>On 8/7/2011 10:00 AM, Jerry Evans wrote:
> > At 06:00 PM 07/08/2011, you wrote:
> >> Message: 1
><Big Snip>
>
>Jerry, I may have sent out the link; but, now it is nowhere to be
>found.  That sort
>of thing happens to me every so often, like three or four times a
>minute.  :-)
>
>I watched and listened to Fred Eaglesmith's "Small Motors." It's
>appropriate,
>all right.  When it finished, the "Up Next" pane flashed "My Last Six
>Dollars."
>That's the one I'm picking for my funeral.  It describes my wild-oat years,
>perfectly.
>
>We're well, here, and hoping you, yours and your lady friend are the same.
>Is she all healed up from her injuries, yet?
>
>Last night my power lineman son stopped by and said he's considering taking
>a job in SA.  I told him some of the things you've told about the
>country; but,
>he'd still like to give it a try, just to be able to say he's been
>there.  Some of his
>acquaintances are already there, so they've filled him in on what it is
>like.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Orrin

Hi Orrin,
         I checked out the YouTube videos of "Small Motors" by Fred
Eaglesmith and was a bit disappointed. I have an .mp3 file (sound- no
video) which is really great and has a lot more than the videos.

         For anyone interested, I've put a copy here:
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/small motors.mp3>

         Stephanie is doing well - still in a wheelchair but doing a bit on
crutches every day. Seems that crushed feet and ankle bones need some time
to heal before putting all your weight on to them (she's not very "heavy"
but still needs to be careful) :-)

         Let us know what happens re your son and we will give any
assistance that we can. It's not too bad here if you are careful. I'd
rather be here than New York or Chicago :-)
(Tell him that Jacqui is taken but she's got friends :-))

Keep well,
Jerry