[SEL] Looking for an engine-music video

Orrin Iseminger obise at moscow.com
Sun Aug 7 21:40:08 PDT 2011

On 8/7/2011 10:00 AM, Jerry Evans wrote:
> At 06:00 PM 07/08/2011, you wrote:
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 22:12:03 -0700
>> From: Orrin Iseminger<obise at moscow.com>
>> Subject: [SEL] Looking for an engine-music video
>>
>> I'm looking for a certain music video that was recorded in Sweden.
>> I've lost the link to it and am wondering if someone might have it.
>>
>> This particular video showed two (perhaps three) fellows playing the
>> melody with a one-cylinder engine doing the percussion.  They were
>> standing very close to the machine and from time to time a spectator
>> would walk past.  Ring a bell?
>>
>> I've found several similar videos on YouTube; but, not this particular
>> one; I'm guessing it must reside on some other host site.
>>
>> Our club is trying to put together a tractor/combo act (there are plenty
>> such videos on YouTube) and if we could add some variety with an engine
>> doing percussion it ought to provide an extra bit of interest.
>> (besides, it costs five bucks every time we fire up the cartridge-start
>> Field Marshal tractor)
>>
>> Every little bit of help is welcome.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Orrin
>> In the unlikely case someone has not seen such a performance, here's a link:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbN-jO11vKg&feature=related
> Hi Orrin,
>           My immediate thought was to the one you supplied a link to. I have
> that saved.
>
>           I cannot help with your request but would also suggest that you
> search for : Eaglesmith - Small Motors" a really great song which we could
> all identify with.
>
>           I hope that they play it at my funeral one day (hopefully not too
> soon) :-)
>
> Keep well friend,
> Jerry

Jerry, I may have sent out the link; but, now it is nowhere to be
found.  That sort
of thing happens to me every so often, like three or four times a
minute.  :-)

I watched and listened to Fred Eaglesmith's "Small Motors." It's
appropriate,
all right.  When it finished, the "Up Next" pane flashed "My Last Six
Dollars."
That's the one I'm picking for my funeral.  It describes my wild-oat years,
perfectly.

We're well, here, and hoping you, yours and your lady friend are the same.
Is she all healed up from her injuries, yet?

Last night my power lineman son stopped by and said he's considering taking
a job in SA.  I told him some of the things you've told about the
country; but,
he'd still like to give it a try, just to be able to say he's been
there.  Some of his
acquaintances are already there, so they've filled him in on what it is
like.

Best regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger