[SEL] welding cable

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:01:34 PDT 2011

On 27 April 2011 18:08,  <Germoamer at aol.com> wrote:
> Hey Fellas,
>
> Been cleaning up getting ready for a recycle run, scrap aluminum, copper,
> steel, etc., around the shop.
>
> Stripped the deteriorated rubber off some welding ground cable and it  has
> one twisted strand in it that is silver in color rather than the copper
> color of the other twisted strands.  Non magnetic.  It is heavy and  does not
> appear to be aluminum.  Any ideas?  Took it out as I  want to sell the copper
> as number 1 for more money at recycle center.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom  Schmutz

Tinned Copper as the other guys have mentioned, we find that about 50%
of our cable comes tinned, especially the larger sizes, we buy up to
70mm sq (00 AWG) for the charger leads.

Our local scrappie doesn't mind the tin coating, just needs the outer
sheaths to be removed so it is just copper on the scales.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com