[SEL] OT IH M tractor question for a friend

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Tue Apr 26 11:31:16 PDT 2011

Bill,
     Try this before you start pulling engines, etc.  Mix up a pint of acetone and a pint of auto trans fluid.  Remove the spark plugs and put some in each cylinder.  Let It set for at least a week.  Pull the starter and take a pry bar and pry against the ring gear to break it loose.  My dad was an M Farmall guy and I've seen him on more than one occasion do this.  I remember him doing this with an M one morning and that afternoon we had it in the field pulling a hay wagon.  You don't have anything to lose but a little time.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY