[SEL] R&V Knight

Bruce Younger sluggo54 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 10:24:12 PDT 2010

"Hi all
Caught up with LIST guys Curt Andree, Joe Prindle and Joe Kelley today at Mount Pleasant R&V show.
Around 130 R&V engines, Moline tractors, Moline and R&V Knight cars and R&V memorabilia.
Lots of new serial numbers, lots of new and old faces.
The VanDervoort family arrived this afternoon and we drove around town in a 1924 R&V Knight car.

Off to the local steak house with Curt for supper.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar"

Hi, Peter,

Back in the late 30's, my grandfather bought a 1930 Willys-Knight Model 87 sedan with a sleeve-valve engine.
The engine was very quiet, almost silent.  Is the R&V Knight also a sleeve-valve?

He kept that car until he could no longer justify a vehicle for which no parts were available.

Bruce Younger

05G HHC 313 RR Bn 3/67-4/68

Madison, SD

sluggo54 at hotmail.com

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man and those that have hunted
armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

E. Hemingway