[SEL] OT! Electrical troubleshoting

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 06:21:47 PDT 2010

On 28 October 2010 13:18,  <curt at rustyiron.com> wrote:
> Hey guys and gals,
> Since the SEL is a vast pool of knowledge to draw from, I need help with
> troubleshooting an underground wire at the new place.

Curt:

I'd suggest the same as the other guys, but you coulfd also connect
the white/black ends together at one end and check continuity for the
pair at the other.

We use SWA (Stranded Wire Armoured) cable for outdoor/underground use,
it stops rodents and moles from eating the cable insulation and with
withstand a shovel or pickaxe blow.

Either way, whatever the fault is, I'd replace with a new cable, and
if it is going underground the get concrete ducting.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com