[SEL] Austral 351

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 19:14:50 PDT 2010

I will probably push the shaft out and fix it that way. I could replace it
with another complete crankshaft but that would ruin the fact that it has
the original number (351) stamped on both ends. I also think the distance
between the bearings may be different to other Australs of the same size.
Another odd thing I have noticed is that there is no boss on the side of the
crankcase to mount the fuel pump. You can see it here on my 1917 engine (to
the right of the picture below the sidshaft):
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/samc04/DSCF0022.JPG

No.351 does not have the boss so the pump and handle are mounted quite
differently:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/austral351/351austral7.jpg

This is an odd Austral.
Patrick