[SEL] Shipping from Pittsburgh to Belgium

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Oct 25 14:12:49 PDT 2010

Bill Brueck wrote:
> USPS seems to have the corner on the market for small parcels to foreign
> countries.  You may be up against some restrictions on package size with a
> stroller, but the usps.gov website will pretty quickly tell you what your
> cost will be.
>
> Bill Brueck
>    Pine Island, MN USA

USPS contracts with UPS for most of their package delivery now. They are
still usually cheaper than dealing directly with UPS though.

The catch is finding a PO that KNOWS how to handle international
shipments. My BIL has lived in Japan for about 8 years now and we ship
stuff over about every 6 months, plus holidays and birthdays. We have a
choice of 4 offices that we can use but have discovered that only 2 of
them know what they are doing and one actually is helpful about
international stuff. The one closest to us can barely sort the mail
properly and when we tried to send a small box out it got all screwed
up. Another one didn't have any of the proper forms or customs
declarations so that didn't fly. In the end one that is near the wifes
job really came out ahead. they not only have all the proper paperwork
they even have staff that KNOW what to do with it.

--
Steve W.