[SEL] Spam> Re: putting the old equipment back to work!

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Oct 18 22:09:49 PDT 2010

Kelley Garcia wrote:
> hi all, Saturday we made apple cider using vintage equipment.  A
> video of it is at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtpDYFY9ijo.
> Or, for viewing a bigger, higher quality video, go here:
> http://gallery.me.com/kelleygarcia#100117
>
> hope you enjoy.
>
> ******** Kelley Garcia La Habra, California USA

That press sure looks familiar...

HMM I have one just like it but without the fancy upgrades... Mine is
all hand powered and yours appears to have a stainless? tray in the
bottom. Mine has a soldered tin version.
The kids seem to enjoy running it during our FD BBQ events.

They also get a big kick out of the old corn sheller display I set up. I
usually have a progression from hand shelling through modern combines if
I can talk a dealer into a loan of one with a corn head. What gets real
strange then is that the kids will climb on/in the 'bine but seem
entranced by the old hand cranked single cob sheller! I think it is
mainly because they get to run it and see what it does (I have a cutaway
version setting next to it)

I only wish I had thought to video it... Maybe next fall. I usually set
up something spring related for our early BBQ.
Thought about a chicken display a few years ago but realized it might
make our sales fall off (we do chicken BBQ) due to the folks seeing the
progress from egg through adult birds.

Hmm maybe something along the lines of field prep...
Maybe from early days up through modern no-till gear.

--
Steve W.