[SEL] 32 volt question

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Oct 11 13:29:53 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,
         Thanks for all the replies.

         I have put the idea aside for a week or 3 as I have more important
work to do at the moment but will get back to it as soon as I get a chance.

         I stand corrected about availability of 8 volt batteries in South
Africa but maybe I should have mentioned that I was thinking of  readily
available "automotive" type batteries not special application batteries.

         Curt, the link to an 8 volt battery from a solar power supplier
would be considered a special application here and not readily available
"over the counter" . Also the price is extremely high. I realise it is a
175 Ah battery but I can buy 4 very good quality, imported, sealed 100Ah
truck batteries here for slightly less than one of those 8 volt batteries.
The batteries I use are imported from South Korea and I've been using the
same brand for about 16 years with very good results. Our locally
manufactured batteries are junk and last 1 year and 1 week - the guarantee
is 1 year !!! I get at least 4 and sometimes as much as 6 years from the
Korean batteries.

         Thanks again guys for all the replies - lets put the topic to bed
now :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>