[SEL] Reed Manufacturing Erie PA. / Off Topic

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Sat Oct 2 14:44:25 PDT 2010

Hi Alan,
  The parts called the main nut. See the pic link, The threads pulled
out of it entirely. The threads on the screw are pretty good. You can
see a slight taper on the lead edge of the threads but I believe they
will be fine with a new main nut. I suspect the vise is WWII vintage.
The nut has the words defense substitute stamped on it.                   Mark

http://www2.wcoil.com/~frappi/reed1.jpg