[SEL] American Beauty

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Wed Nov 17 09:56:32 PST 2010

Hi George, Your original email finally came through to me. !! YAHHHH
  These old electric coppers are really nice to use. I have two or
three of the 300 W AB irons. As well as numerous smaller ones.  I
have one of their 550 Watt monsters. What a beauty to solder tank
seams with or solder large electrical connections. I see no reason
why you could not make your own tip and use it. It might erode faster
then the modern tips but it can't be any worse then the original tip
that likely was solid copper on the one you have.
  I know a fellow who used to rep a brand of Solder coppers years ago
and I know he still has some parts. I do not remember if it was
American Beauty or not. Will check and let you know if he has what
you need.    Mark