[SEL] American Beauty

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Tue Nov 16 16:46:22 PST 2010

	I have a 200W and a 300W electric soldering iron. The tip in them is a
plain copper rod held in place with a set screw. The outer end on one is
tapered like a chisel point. The other one has a diamond shape tip. The
tips are tinned with solder. Works real well for soldering large objects
such as tanks.
	Make sure the tips fit loose in the element if you make them to make
room for the oxides that form. Otherwise, the tips will be difficult to
remove later should the need arise.

Rupert