[SEL] Why the spokes don ¹ t line up

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 04:39:30 PDT 2010

Hey Reg,
This will end up being a long term project as I gather bits for the engine.
I now have a good idea of what is needed. One idea that has been floated is
to rotate the flywheels 180 degrees and cut new keyways. The flywheels on
Australs are not balanced (the crank is) so this is a possibility. All
suggestions will be looked at on this one.
As well as the flywheels and crank the other major job is fixing a split and
a couple of holes in the barrel. Someone has made a start on the split and
ground it out. There is quite a bit of meat left so it should not be too bad
to repair.
No.351 may be put aside for a while so I can finish a couple of other
projects and I may be a little busy when the baby arrives ;)
I have some parts under way for this engine but it is a bit of a challenge
as many things are different on this early engine to the later ones. Most of
the bits I am missing are completely different to my other 3.5hp engine so I
cannot use it as a template.
Patrick