[SEL] Nuenen 2010 Show Pictures

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat May 29 11:47:50 PDT 2010

On 29 May 2010 19:33, Jerry Evans <jerrye at databak.co.za> wrote:

>         It's still in my friends shed and quite safe there. I'm going over
> tomorrow to take pics. I've also traced someone locally who has a restored
> 1XHR like yours as well as another scrapped 1XHR that he says I'm welcome
> to help myself to parts from. I can also use the parts from his restored
> engine to copy if needs be. How interchangeable are the 1HR and 1XHR parts?
> (As a reminder, here is the link to the pic of parts mine is missing:
> <http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/ruston1HR.JPG>
>
>         More later.

Hi Jerry:

I seem to remember that your engine is a 1HR ?  That's the 'tiddler'
at 5hp, while the 1XHR, 1YHR and 1ZHR are all much larger engines, 8hp
10hp and 11hp, and almost everything is going to be different. Yours
is oiler lubricated, the larger engines have pumps, for example, and
most of the cambox and pump are different.

I'll see if I have the books for the 1 series here.

The 1YHR and 1ZHR are almost identical, only injection pressures are
different to give the increased power.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes