[SEL] I dunnit, I dunnit, I dunnit - the Ruston is mine!!

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon May 24 10:53:11 PDT 2010

Hi all,
         WOW ! LIFE'S GOOD ! I DUNNIT !!!!!!

         I mentioned recently, during discussions about Peter's Ruston &
Hornsby 1XHR that there was a Ruston & Hornsby 1HR owned by my brother that
I NEEDED.

         WELL, it's mine now.

         I've just put the phone down. We did a deal (a good deal). As I
mentioned previously, all he wanted was something that went "doef - doef"
(that's South African for something that goes "boom-boom", "shush-shush",
"bang-bang" or whatever your language preference).

         It's mine !! Signed,sealed and soon to be delivered. I'll restore
an equivalent Horsepower (common engine - Wolseley WLB9 as Arnie suggested)
and pay him a cash for what he paid for the Ruston.

         This will be quite a long term project due to the fact that I do
not have unlimited funds to allocate to my hobby but it WILL happen.

         There are a quite a few missing parts but, fortunately, nothing
too difficult. Will just need cash !

         (Anyone needing to order any etched brass engine plates? Now would
be a good time :-))

         Here are two scanned pics that I did post earlier of the engine type.

<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/ruston1HR2.JPG>
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/evans/ruston1HR.JPG>

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans