[SEL] Fairbanks Morse RR Motorcar Engine

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sat May 22 18:24:54 PDT 2010

Ralph:

I will leave it to others on the list to steer you to one of the shops that does that type of rebabbiting.  The last time I had that done was in about 1971, when I had the rods and mains done for my American LaFrance monster sportscar.  I believe Federal Mogul in Kansas City did them but I'll about bet that they are not doing that anymore.

The cost shouldn't be prohibitive.  Just make sure you have the crankpin diameter measured accurately, both diameter and width.

Check the advertisers on Harry Matthews' website, Smokstak.com.  If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll cast about.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand