[SEL] Wow ! Quite a find.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat May 22 10:15:44 PDT 2010

At 06:00 PM 22/05/2010, you wrote:
>Message: 3
>Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:57:56 -0400
>From: Ken Christison <christison at coastalnet.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Wow ! Quite a find.
><snip>
>Jerry,
>
>I think Rob can supply a first person account on the operation of a
>roller mill.
>
>Also one small correction, Jerry;  most stone mills have a stationary
>stone and
>a rotating, or "runner" stone.
>
>Take care.
>
>Ken

Thanks Ken,
         As mentioned, I'm no expert and you have set me straight on this
one. I appreciate learning and that's just another reason why these lists
are so enjoyable.

         May I ask a question?  Is the "grain" fed in at the centre of the
stones (somehow missing the shaft arrangement) and how does it make it's
way to the outside of the stones to be collected. I know that it (the
rotating stone) turns quite slowly so do not think that centrifugal force
would come in to play too much or does it ?

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>