[SEL] Parts available at Portland & Mt Pleasant OT

plowe at exemail.com.au plowe at exemail.com.au
Thu May 20 20:05:13 PDT 2010

I think it basically falls into two catagories.
1. You pay peanuts - you get monkeys, or in this case Gorillas
2. You give a Gorilla a uniform and it goes to his/her head.

There amount of interest in the job is ZERO.

Last time in the US I bought a nice Wizard Rotary low tension generator
from Ron Haskell. I packed it nice and tightly amoungst my clothes to help
preserve it from the Gorilla treament at the airport. Of course it rang
bells and sirens on x-ray and I was asked for my key to the pad lock. I
told them what it was and to be carefull, I got a stare and told to stand
behind the line. He pulled it out and then threw it back in my suitcase, I
refused to accept the way it was packed and told them to pack it as I had.
We had three goes at this until I asked to speak to a supervisor. This of
course added another Gorilla to the equation and finally it was packed as I
had done it. On arriving home in Sydney I noticed the suitcase was scuffed
a little and on opening it, my generator had the horse shoe magnets almost
dislodged from the body of the generator. I guess after I put in onto the
conveyor at LAX it was dropped the tree levels of the building in one go
and hit the ground with a thud. ;-))

I was hoping to only take a back pack and my laptop in August, but I have a
fair bit of R&V literature to bring so I will have to take a small suitcase.
I guess we wait in anticipation to see what awaits us this time when we fly
across that big pond.

Peter, Oz

Ha! is he in for a shock! I am returning in August!!
Reg & Marg Ingold
Newcastle.NSW  Australia
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold