[SEL] auction

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon May 3 10:38:54 PDT 2010

At 06:00 PM 03/05/2010, you wrote:
>Message: 13
>Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:58:32 -0700
>From: "P. Johns" <enginepaul at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] auction
><snip>
>Tom:
>
>The wife, who owns about 20 sewing machines, says it isn't a sewing machine.
>One clue is that there is no bobbin. It is heavy enough to be some sort of
>punch, and that's all she can think of.

><another big snip>

Hi Tom,
         It does not matter what it is. It's a beautiful piece of old iron
and I'm jealous.

         I was thinking maybe something to do with saddlery or leather work
but that's just a guess. Your original idea of a "bag stitcher" also makes
sense.

         Well done, I could visualize that standing in my lounge (without a
pot plant :-)).

         Please let us know when you do eventually identify it.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>