[SEL] The McVickerish Engine

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 23 06:54:39 PDT 2010

Jim:

Unlike Diesel exhaust brakes, the McVicker engine is not working as a true compressor when it is in "miss" mode.  The mixture is compressed and expanded, acting more like a spring - taking energy on compression and giving (most of) it back on expansion.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand