[SEL] Podlesak mag

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Mar 22 20:17:01 PDT 2010

Things sure have changed from the days when a company actually made
everything they sold. Now all a "Holding" company owns is the
name brand and distribution rights. And hires everyone else to make
their product.
Gone are the days like with Ford  Motor company when they even owned
the mines the metal ore was mined from, the trucks that hauled it to
the rail yard, the cars on the line, the ships that hauled it to the
smelters and on down the line.   Ford farmed out very little in
comparison to today.  Mark

At 04:25 PM 3/22/2010, you wrote:
>While doing some spring tune-up of the Podlesak mag for my Famous I noted
>the writing on the wire clip.  FAHNESTOCK Pat. April 07 (1907). The old
>folks sure were proud of their work and went to a lot of trouble to imprint
>this  on each clip they made.
>
>_http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/podlsak  mag.jpg_
>(http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/podlsak%20mag.jpg)
>

>I was also doing some cleaning on the gas tank for the Famous and noted
>that International Harvester had imprinted their IH logo on a floor flange
>mounted on the underside of the tank for the outlet gas pipe.  I guess IH
>made everything they could for their engines.
>
>Tom  Schmutz
>Concord, Va.
>germoamer at AOL.com

Mark Shulaw
454 County Road 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home / 419.516.2996 Ver. Cell.
Hobby Collector and Dealer in Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com