[SEL] Spam> Re: R&V problem

avanti_64 at juno.com avanti_64 at juno.com
Thu Mar 11 17:32:59 PST 2010

As Peter said copper gaskets. There is very little sealing surface on those small R & V heads. The larger engines I have used regular gasket material. I used to sell Chesteron packing when I was on the road. 8 years ago I got dumped by them along with 22 others in a down sizing. Now I sell the Garlock non asbestos material at engine shows. It works fine, but only if you have a wide sealing surface. Pure graphite works real well if you have some pitting on the surface, The graphite will fill in the pits as it compresses more than regular material.
Joe