[SEL] other hobbies

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 05:59:30 PDT 2010

It has been very hot and dry here, so I have not been out in the heat
working on old junk.  Rather, I have been in the cool basement working on  some
other stuff.  Some old chisels that I made new handles for.   I prefer to
fix the tang type rather than the socket type (lower  one).  Anybody have any
old ones they would like to get rid of?  Also  had a number of hammer heads
around and handles for them.  Fitted some new  ones and fixed a couple of
loose ones.  I installed the handles using  gorilla glue to fill in any voids,
so the handles should never loosen or come  out again.  That glue is some
terrible stuff, expanding out of every nook  and cranny it can find!  I also
make some walking sticks I pick up when out  in the woods rabbit hunting.

What other hobbies do you old engine folks have?

 _http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/chisels.jpg_
(http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/chisels.jpg)

_http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/hammers.jpg_
(http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/hammers.jpg)