[SEL] Can anyone help Willie with dating an air cooled Austral?

pjp08 at steamengine.com.au pjp08 at steamengine.com.au
Sun Jul 11 04:04:30 PDT 2010

Subject: Austral engine
From:    "Willie Young" <williewa at bigpond.net.au>
Date:    Sun, July 11, 2010 5:06 pm
To:      "Paul Pavlinovich" <paulp at steamengine.com.au>

Hi Paul
Years ago you were able to help me with some info in a Roseberry engine
One of the committee members at the Whiteman Park tractor museum has an
Austral air cooled 2.4 HP petrol engine made by Ronaldson and Tippett.
It is mounted on a bag elevator made by Horwood Bagshaw

The engine plate reads:
Austral Petrol Engine
Manufactired by Ronaldson and Tippett
2.4HP    Ser#  65262  Type N/A
1500RPM
Jim Creagh who lives in Gidgegannup would like to find out about it`s age etc
Can you help?

>From memory I think you told me That you lived in the Eastern Hills
somewhere
Willie Young