[SEL] Tod Engine Beer & Rusty Brew

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Sat Jan 30 10:33:01 PST 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Judge Tommy Turner wrote:

> Rob,
> 	The weak stuff may be best made in CA.  The REAL stuff is made
> here in KY.  I can smell the mash out my back door!
>
> Tommy Turner
> Magnolia, KY

Hi, Tommy.

Perhaps what you say is true, but I still think mine is better.  Let's
settle this disagreement is like gentlemen.  I'll ante up an engine,
and you ante up an engine, just to make the contest interesting.  I'll
quaff a pint of my local liquid refreshment, and then you'll quaff a
pint of yours.  The better refreshment will be determined when the
opposition decides that he's had enough of his own, and concedes.

After our recent visit to your neighborhood and sampling the local
concoctions, I've been doing some taste testing.  Most recently, I did
a side-by-side with Maker's Mark and Glenlivet.  Apples and oranges,
but I wanted to compare the qualities of each.  The complexity of the
bourbon was much more exciting than the scotch, which I found almost
monodimensional.  I'm left wondering if that would be the case with
all bourbons and all scotches.

Next on the agenda is a side-by-side of Maker's Mark and Woodford
Reserve, the preferred libation of that engineman from Versailles.

Rob