[SEL] Engines from France

craig morrison benzengines at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 12:28:36 PST 2010

George,

    At the moment we have 3 Jappy engines they are a twin flywheel 3 1/4hp model E13, a single flywheel  1hp model E13 this is a early version of this size as it has a split crank case and last year whilst at Neunen we purchased a 1 1/2hp? single flywheel vertical hot tube model E10 engine.
    This engine was totally seized solid and missing many parts (Arnie and the Cloistered Roysters can confirm this(Mike took many pictures and refers to it as his engine which we are looking after / restoring)) Work on this particular engine is progressing slowly all the missing parts have been cast and machined including a new flywheel as the original was found to be cracked across the hub and 2 spokes.The cylinder has been rebored and sleeved, new rings installed most of the external parts have now been freed off and refitted sop hopefully we shouldn't be to far away from seeing if it will run.

Cheers, Craig