[SEL] Engines from France

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri Jan 22 10:16:08 PST 2010

Just curious, any list members have engines in their collection that were made in France?
Or if you don't own a French engine do you know of any French engines in collections?

I currently have 3 French engines.

A Bernard air-cooled engine which is French, although not really a collector type engine.  So please limit responses to the flywheel type engines.

My other engines are a 1910 5hp vertical Ceres and a 1920's vertical 3hp(?) DUX.

I do know of a 3 or 4hp Japy in California.

I know of a questionable French sideshaft in Nebraska, but I say questionable as it had no tag.  The owner at that time had it shipped from France and thought it was a French engine although it was very much like the lesser known Czech engines I've seen.

Any other French engines?