[SEL] Still here and working on engines

Patrick Livingstone patrick.livingstone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 19:36:39 PST 2010

I was a little late for the new year crank up but I have been getting a few
jobs done on the engines at home (when I have not been painting the house).
The model Eclipse was first. I pulled it out of its hidey hole a couple of
days after new year. It had not been run for a while so it needed a little
TLC to get it back up to scratch. It is now cleaned up and running like a
clock.
The next job was to fix up old no.1 engine: the F-M Eclipse. The governor
had been playing up at the Young rally so it did some repairs and another
slight modification and it is running a lot better. It is an early model so
the govenor detent is different to the later ones and not as positive in its
action. I can see why it was changed.
Yesterday I dug out the 2nd 1hp R&V and got it running as well. It is still
not running as well as my other 1hp but a little more work will sort it out!

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html