[SEL] Trailer Brakes - Question

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 09:18:29 PST 2010

On 6 December 2010 13:46, Jim Dunmyer <jdunmyer at toltbbs.com> wrote:
> That whole arrangement kinda scares me. Backing one of those rigs is just
> like backing a farm wagon: possible, with a lot of practice, but not nearly
> as easy as backing a regular trailer. I can see why it's done that way, as
> your stated weight of 3.5 tons should have a 3/4 ton truck in front of it,
> and you guys don't have those real handy, do you?
>
> Your plans for a living/sleeping area are good, that's done by many here.

The Discovery is  2.2tons unladen, 2.8 or so with full passenger load.

The trailer weight allowed with one driver and one passenger is 3.5 tons.

Our own trailer should be about 1.2 tons empty and the Ruston on its
trolley goes 1.8 tons. With a bit of care over weights as we build, we
should be able to keep it below 3 tons.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes