[SEL] US trip

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Mon Aug 30 04:02:57 PDT 2010

Hi all
Had a great time at Portland, too short as usual, with some great engine friends. No room for toys this time, US customs are going to have a hard enough time working out what an R&V crankshaft, governor and head look like through X-ray.
We headed off to Indianapolis to show my son Chris the motor museum etc only to arrive in the middle of the MotoGP weekend, thousands of bikes everywhere and 91F (33C) temps. So we decided to keep heading to Moline, Illinois to the R&V engine/car factory site to do some more R&V research. Found heaps of new info.
We then head to Mount Pleasant, Iowa to the R&V Expo with some nice large R&V's coming and a large number of R&V made cars.
I hope to keep the R&V web site updated with photos from Mount Pleasant, nice to have 54Mbps high speed internet.

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/rv-engines/rvpage.htm