[SEL] Prentiss Vise update

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 14:30:47 PDT 2010

Here are a couple of pictures of my vise after painting.  The pipe  jaws
are removable and reversible. The face jaws are held on with an oversize
1/4-20 flat head countersunk machine screw.  By oversize  the  thread diameter
measures .264, which I think may have equate to a #14-20, a now  obsolete
thread. One of the screws was broken and so I found a socket head cap  screw
that had the same head diameter as the original screw. The taper is  also
unusual in that it is 140 degrees included.  Longer screw is the cap  screw I
machined.

Wonder what the 181-191 means on it?

_http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/vise2.jpg_
(http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/vise2.jpg)