[SEL] Great read.

Rob Skinner rob at rustyiron.com
Sun Apr 11 07:31:42 PDT 2010

On Apr 11, 2010, at 5:51 AM, Ken Christison wrote:

> In case anyone is confused by the page I sent a link to, this is a
> download page
> to volume 33 of Cassier's Magazine.  It is a .pdf file of about
> 90mb.  Just click
> on the "download" button to get it.  There are some really neat
> pictures and
> articles on large power plants especially, and includes examples in
> the UK, US,
> and Australia.

That's really cool, Ken.  I have a modest collection of Cassier's
magazines, and originals don't come cheaply.  It's amazing that Google
goes to all the trouble to scan these, and make them available to
everyone.  When people and governments demonize Google, they're
railing against the benefits that we are enjoying right now.

On page 74 (74 of the scans, not necessarily page 74 of the magazines)
there is an article titled, "The Development of the Large Gas Engine
in America."  Good stuff...