[SEL] cleaning an engine

jeff chattin jeffchattin at msn.com
Tue Sep 29 19:18:17 PDT 2009

Arnie

 The 8 hp Mogul is an engine I first saw when I was about 8 years old and it took me about 26 years to get it. I turn it over many rounds through the years to keep it from sticking. I've had it running a few times (pulling a cut off saw) but I'm finally getting around to cleaning it up. It has a good bit of paint under the grease and I don't want to do anything to make it come off. Its a stationary hopper cooled engine and the only thing I missing is the pot muffler(anybody got an extra or a pattern).

  We don't have many engines that have local history in our area (North Georgia) and I'm trying to gather some of them up. The owner of the mogul wanted it to stay in the area and he was grinning when we first fired it up. He had it close to forty years and he had never heard it run.

Jeff Chattin

Canton Georgia