[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 66, Issue 15

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Sep 15 10:54:35 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 15/09/2009, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:05:49 -0400
>From: David Rotigel <rotigel at me.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Question re tapered gib keys
>

>Good doG Jerry, Think outside the gib key. Drill and tap a hole in the
>flywheel hub 90 degrees off the key slot and put a grade 8 bolt in it
>to tighten the flywheel to the crank!
>         Dave
>PS, "The welder did a great job" and it lasted 3 rallies? Could I have
>the name of the guy please. I know it's a long way away, but I still
>have to know who to avoid!
>PPS, Arnie tells me that cats tast like rattelsnake!
>On Sep 14, 2009, at 2:55 PM, Jerry Evans wrote:

Hi Dave,
         Thanks for your reply - that sounds like a real "farmer repair"
but does have merit. I think it would be easier to weld the darn flywheel
to the shaft - I've seen that done before !
         Yes, the welder did do a great job - as mentioned, the welding has
not failed and the crack has not re appeared so no need to blame them ! :-)
         Maybe I should just stick to Maytags :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>
P.S. "Rattlesnake", I've never tasted - I wonder if it's anything like
"Puff Adder" ?