[SEL] Mystery Engine? Now Witte Engine

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 13 05:51:10 PDT 2009

And again a BIG thanks Dave.
That is great info.
That book?
Is it a Witte manual Gordon could buy?
I am sure he would want one.

Whenever you get a chance I would love to see some pictures of your son's Witte.
Does it have an engine tag?
I would like to see the cam gear area and what there is that provides the movement to trip the mag.

I am guessing your son's engine does not have the wiper.
Someone must have added parts to Gordon's Witte to trip those points.

If it was my engine I think I would remove the points and the rod that trips them and go with a battery, buzz coil and the wiper.
I need to find a gas tank and MAIL him the info. Mr. Wendel seems to say they were making the TG Type B engines starting in 1924.
Gordon will just be happy to know his engine was built between 1924 and 1927.
After all he bought a "Sparta Economy" Hit-n-Miss engine,,,,
Now he has a Witte Type B Throttle Governed engine. 8>))
He has it in writing from the previous owner that it is a Sparta.

Still a nice little engine for five hundred bucks.

Alan in Michigan