[SEL] Vaal Old Wheels show pics

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 14:32:31 PDT 2009

Hi Jerry,
Nice pictures.
Those Horse Gears were called Horse Powers here in the U.S. of A.
I have seen ads for up to an 8 Horse Power one.
That would be four teams attached to four arms.
Usually the tumbling rod would be right on the ground.

There were also Dog Powers that could also be powered by your children.
The ads said something like,,,, Your kids will love to do this.
The Dog/Goat/Kid Power was an inclined platform to "walk up" powering a belt.
They also offered larger ones like that for a single horse or mule.

Alan in Michigan