[SEL] CAST IRON WELDING

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 03:19:19 PDT 2009

Greetings to SEL crew,
>From Bill Young in Japan
Re.  Cast iron welding

What do we know, collectively, about welding our toys?  I have always heard that it takes a trained technician using special equipment and rod to do a superlative job.
  A few years ago ( before 9/11 ) I hauled a huge head to a shop in California  that did nothing but cast iron repairs.  it was expensive but beautifully done and worked well for as long as I had the engine.  I wanted to watch but was not permitted to do so.
   Thanks, standing by, Bill
Another question:  Suppose this topic had been discussed 5 or 10 years ago.  Would it be archived somewhere and still available?