[SEL] Wico type EK magneto help wanted

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Thu Oct 22 10:27:29 PDT 2009

Hello Guys,
	My son-in-law has a Wico EK series magneto that is not firing
consistently. In other words, it takes more than one trip for it to
fire. He thinks the armature bushing and/or the guide rod is worn as the
fit is very sloppy may be causing the problem.  I can make a new bushing
for him but I need to know what clearances are required. The manual I
have from the "oldengine site" gives data on setting the points but
doesn't say anything about the fit of the armature bushing to the guide pin.

	Does anyone have any data or dimensions of the guide rod and the
armature bushing so I can check it?

	Any help appreciated.

Rupert
--