[SEL] <snip>Now Antivirus and O.T./Thanks All

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Oct 9 01:11:22 PDT 2009

Hi All,
         Many thanks for all the constructive answers I got from this post.
many of you went to a lot of trouble with your answers - I appreciate that
a lot.

         What I did was uninstall AVG including going through the registry
and removing every reference to it there. (The "Uninstall" left plenty of
AVG stuff there as well as "plugins" in my email prog. directory)

         I decided to go for the Free Avast and installed it. Quite a
painless operation. Although many of you recommended other software I
decided to go this way for now - if it later proves to be a bad decision
I'll look at it again.

         Well, so far so good, my 'lil ole Laptop is almost acting like a
real 'puter again. When I ask it to do something it reacts immediately now.
Time will tell if it was the right decision. Also, while it is doing a scan
I can carry on working normally without the annoying pauses and delays.

         Now, if I could just do something about MS Windows

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>