[SEL] <snip>Now Antivirus and O.T.

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Oct 8 08:40:18 PDT 2009

Peter Lowe wrote:
> I run AVAST free on my gaming machine, AVG free in my workshop, AVG free on
> my multimedia machine in the lounge room and Norton Internet Security 2009
> on my office machine.
> I have no noticeable trouble with any of them. Norton is a hell of a lot
> less machine memeory hungry and interogating as the earlier versions.
> I do prefer AVAST to AVG in th efree versions.
> One thing that P****s me off is the scanning of outgoing emails from my
> clean machine, if you turn that option off it red flags the icon as thougfh
> something is wrong.
>
> Peter, Oz

Easy solution, Go in, set it so it doesn't scan outgoing mail, then go
into "ignore faulty conditions" and set it to ignore the mail scanner. I
have mine set to ignore that, the fact that I don't let it update
whenever it wants as well.  Then it only flags a problem with the items
I care about.

--
Steve W.