[SEL] Check out Working Cog Railway Steam Locomotive - eBay (item110442499633 end

Rick Rowlands rowlands1941 at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 7 07:44:16 PDT 2009

They continue to run one steam trip per day, but its at 9 am so unless you
stay at a hotel in the area the night before you'll miss the train.  The cog
railway is a tourist attraction, and as such the steam locomotives are an
integral part of the attraction.  Their management has been bitten by the
green disease, and I think they would like to wholesale dump steam and
everything it represents just as the Grand Canyon Railway has done.  Its not
just maintenance, its a "religious" thing to them.

How much of our industrial history must be sacraficed before this green fad
ends?

Rick