[SEL] Local newspaper article features Jacqui.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Oct 1 12:14:19 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 01/10/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 11
>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:48:38 -0500
>From: "Elden DuRand" <edurand at mchsi.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Local newspaper article features Jacqui.
>

>Jerry:
>Although I can't read Gibberish, I'm glad your daughter got her fifteen
>minutes of fame.    :-)
>Take care - Elden

Hi Elden & Everyone else who replied to Dad's post,

Jacqui here.

Thank you all for your replies.  Yup, once again I got my 15 minutes of
fame and I don't think anyone is going to be able to wipe the smile off my
face for weeks - smiles that are reserved for VERY special occasions :-)

This article means a great deal to me, as it demonstrates that people
appreciate my efforts.  Not only because I am a woman involved in a male
dominated hobby (for those who don't know, we don't have any other ladies
showing engines in S.A), but because in a small way I have made a
contribution and have received recognition from people I look up to.  And
that is an amazing feeling!!!

It's a pity that the write up was written in Afrikaans (our "Second"
language) - and I do realise that no one was able to understand it.  When I
get home from work tomorrow afternoon I will translate it into English and
share it with all of you.

Kind regards
Jacqui