[SEL] Glenn Karch

Chuck Emsweller clemsweller at etczone.com
Sun Nov 8 16:34:49 PST 2009

Yesterday, I fired my 7 HP Waterloo Boy in memory of Glenn.  I don’t know
that I had the pleasure of meeting Glenn other than references about and
from him here on the list.

I chose the Waterloo Boy simply due to the fact that the Webster magneto
that came with it when I got it this past labor day was no good.  So, to run
the engine after I replaced the rings, honed the cylinder, I “borrowed” a
Webster mag off of my 2 ½ hp Hercules to make sure the engine ran before
rebuilding the original mag.  She ran like a top!

My condolences to the family and all the friends of Glenn.  From what I have
seen and heard, we lost a true friend to the hobby.

Chuck