[SEL] EHOWT Back on track!

George Best george at irontrader.com
Fri May 29 14:30:11 PDT 2009

The Royster boys finally made it to Amsterdam.  However, they ended up
flying to Paris first  and then to Amsterdam arriving 5 hours after the rest
of the group.

While waiting for Mike and Steve to arrive we visited the Cruiquis water
pumpiing station.  It was built in 1847 and used a steam engine to pump
55,000 gallons of water a minute to drain lake water.

After the water pumping station we did a tourist thing by going to see some
traditional windmills.

Finall met up with Steve and Mike and went to visit the first engine
collection.  We spent 4 hours there looking at engines and running 6 or more
engine.

Then it was back to Harry's house for a late dinner at 10pm, then dropped
the guys off at a bed & breakfast place shortly before 11pm!  So its been a
long day.  I've been up around 36 hours now and hope I can get to sleep
soon.

We pick up the guys at 9am to head to a couple collections then to the
Nuenen engine show.

Weather is great and I think everyone is having a great time other than the
airline problems several of us had in getting here.

George