[SEL] Dealing Etiquette

P. Johns enginepaul at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:46:46 PDT 2009

Just look at Wall Street for integrity.

I once made a deal on some equipment - over the phone - and told the guy
that it was his as soon as he paid the agreed $3000. (He had a reputation of
not following through) The next day I got a call from someone else who knew
the equipment and offered me $4,500, I told him about the other deal and
said he could have it if the other guy didn't buy. The first guy showed up
and that was that. I may not be smart, but I do try my best to keep my word.

Paul poor but honest in California

PS: I was never in the position to steal millions like the Wall Street
people do, so I haven't really been tested.