[SEL] OT. Brake fluids

Ed stoller edstoller at earthlink.net
Mon May 18 14:42:10 PDT 2009

Hi Curt,

I had a 1986 jeep with a British hydraulic clutch and a lot of problems with
rubber parts.  After about the forth rebuild, I used DOT 5, Silicone base
and never had a problem again. I think AMC just blew off the incompatibility
of DOT 3 break fluid and British rubber.

Ed Stoller
New Fairfield, CT
http://home.earthlink.net/~edstoller/