[SEL] rust help

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Mon May 11 18:13:31 PDT 2009

Thanks for all the helpful hints on removing the surface rust from my
bucket of sockets.  I think I said that I bought them at a flea market  Saturday
and they had minor surface rust on outside and inside.  I wire  wheel
brushed the rust off the outside.  Today I purchased some  Evapo-Rust, soaked
them for a couple of hours, rinsed them all off and set out  in sun to dry.
The Evapo-Rust sure worked great. Nice and  shinny. Thanks for that tip Steve.
 Much relieved I did not have to  get out the good molasses!

See photo of sockets.  80% Craftsman, some SK and Stanley, and a  couple of
junkers.  largest 32 mm.  I thought it was a great  buy!

_http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/sockets.jpg_
(http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/sockets.jpg)

Thanks,

Tom  Schmutz